Welcome to Q Gardens!
Please see our calendar for all upcoming garden open hours and events.
We hold community composting hours on the weekend as shown below.
- Saturdays 10:30am– 12:30pm
- Sundays 2 – 4pm
Every 12 weeks, our hardworking crew of volunteers takes a two-week break from hosting compost open hours. In 2020, our first community composting quarter will run from Saturday, January 25th up to and including Sunday, April 12.
NOTE: In addition, we have an outdoor bin where you can drop off your food scraps on weekends before compost open hours: Saturdays 6am-10:30am and 12:30pm to Sunday 2pm. If the bin is full or closed for whatever reason, please do not leave bags on the sidewalk or lid.
To convert a formerly unused lot into a beautiful, productive community garden that provides:
- A welcoming, public green space that is open at least 10 hours each week
- A local source of fresh, pesticide-free fruits, vegetables, flowers, and herbs
- A space for children and adults to learn about and actively participate in gardening, composting, and sustainability projects
- A community composting site for diverting food waste from landfills and producing nutrient-rich compost
- A space for building community, connecting with nature, and hosting arts and cultural events
See the Q Gardens Facebook page for more information about upcoming events, and/or follow our Instagram for regular photo updates! For any questions or volunteering information please get in touch! Most communication among members happens at the garden itself during meetings and workdays, and via our garden listserv. Contact us and we’ll gladly add you to the listserv.
Want to donate or pay your annual membership fee of $20-25 to Q Gardens? Payments and donations may be made in cash or check to Anne or Natalia, or by sending an electronic payment via Square Cash (to email@example.com)