Welcome to Q Gardens!
Please see our calendar for all upcoming garden open hours and events.
Please note: Like many sites across the city, including GrowNYC market drop offs, we are temporarily suspending our community composting hours as of March 19, 2020. Stay tuned and check our up-to-date calendar for info on when we may resume food scrap collection.
In the meantime: We also encourage you to make the most of your scraps; you can find some tips here, and we hope to share some more ideas soon.
Stay well, safe, and connected everyone!
To steward a formerly unused lot, now a beautiful, productive community garden that provides:
- A welcoming, public green space that is open at least 10 hours each week
- A local source of fresh, pesticide-free fruits, vegetables, flowers, and herbs
- A space for children and adults to learn about and actively participate in gardening, composting, and sustainability projects
- A community composting site for diverting food waste from landfills and producing nutrient-rich compost
- A space for building community, connecting with nature, and hosting arts and cultural events
See the Q Gardens Facebook page for more information about upcoming events, and/or follow our Instagram for regular photo updates! For any questions or volunteering information please get in touch! Most communication among members happens at the garden itself during meetings and workdays, and via our garden listserv. Contact us and we’ll gladly add you to the listserv.
Want to donate or pay your annual membership fee of $20-25 to Q Gardens? Payments and donations may be made in cash or check to Anne or Natalia, or by sending an electronic payment via Square Cash (to firstname.lastname@example.org)