Welcome to Q Gardens!
Please see our calendar for all upcoming garden open hours and events.
Note: We are taking food scraps during regular compost open hours as well as through our weekend sidewalk food scrap drop off. See schedule below (this schedule will continue all winter until further notice):
Compost Open Hours: Saturdays: 10:30am – 12:30pm & Sundays: 2-4 pm. Come chop with us! Please note: Face coverings and social distancing in the garden are a must and we are limited to 7 people in the garden at one time. But we look forward to seeing you!
Sidewalk Food Scrap Drop Off Schedule: Friday 5am to Saturday 10:30am & Saturday 12:30pm to Sunday 2pm. Thanks to an arrangement with Big Reuse, you can drop off your food scraps with us during these extended hours. Please prepare your food scraps for the sidewalk bin drop off by chopping well and removing contaminants (stickers, rubber bands, twisty ties). Thank you!
For more information and to compost volunteer with us ;), go here.
To steward a formerly unused lot, now a beautiful, productive community garden that provides:
- A welcoming, public green space that is open at least 10 hours each week
- A local source of fresh, pesticide-free fruits, vegetables, flowers, and herbs
- A space for children and adults to learn about and actively participate in gardening, composting, and sustainability projects
- A community composting site for diverting food waste from landfills and producing nutrient-rich compost
- A space for building community, connecting with nature, and hosting arts and cultural events
See the Q Gardens Facebook page for more information about upcoming events, and/or follow our Instagram for regular photo updates! For any questions or volunteering information please get in touch! Most communication among members happens at the garden itself during meetings and workdays, and via our garden listserv. Contact us and we’ll gladly add you to the listserv.
Want to donate or pay your annual membership fee of $20-25 to Q Gardens? Payments and donations may be made in cash or check to Anne or Natalia, or by sending an electronic payment via Square Cash (to firstname.lastname@example.org)